Please send me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information :
1. The rough dimensions of the sign.
2. Whether it is to be painted directly onto a surface on site, or whether you would like a sign making from timber, metal or toughened glass.
3. A rough indication of the lettering style. This could be shown through an attached image or describing an era for example. I am happy to offer my knowledge and passion for lettering to help you reach a decision about the overall impression you want your sign to achieve.
4. The wording you would like painted.
5. Any painted effects you would like. For example a drop shadow, blended letters, outlines, distressed effects or gold leaf gilding. You can reference any examples shown in my portfolio or provide an example.
What information do you need to produce a Quotation?
This varies with each project and an estimation of time is given with the quotation. The complexity of the design, the level of detail desired and the surface to be painted on are all important factors when calculating timings.
How long does it take for you to produce a sign?
I can design your sign from scratch or you may want to provide me with a few ideas of your own. I require a deposit of 50% of the project value to proceed with designing.
It is important to me that you are happy with your sign, so I work closely with my clients to reach the best solution. After understanding what you are trying to achieve, I respond with sketches, historic examples and suggested lettering styles until you are happy with the artwork direction. I then develop these initial suggestions to produce a final design and digital mock-up which fully illustrates how your sign will appear in its unique context.
I want you to design my sign, how do you do this?
I can offer you my design services to create a re-brand of your new or established business. Please contact me to discuss your requirements.
Can you design my company logo and branding?
I can reinstate old signs by interpreting a ‘ghost sign’ (a faded sign from the past) or reconstruct a sign based on archival footage or photographs.
Can you restore my old sign?
Providing the appropriate primer and surface preparation can be used, I can signwrite on most surfaces that are dry, stable and solid.
What surfaces can you signwrite on?
Working throughout the UK, I mainly serve Cumbria, Yorkshire and the Midlands. Signs can safely be shipped nationwide, so don’t be put off by distance. Often outsourcing further a field can be very cost effective!
Which areas do you cover?
Yes, I can travel to you anywhere in the UK. Please contact me for more information.